STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math)
Discovery Center’s SPARK! program is for children ages 1-6 and their caregivers to enjoy hands-on exploratory STEAM learning and play. Enjoy music and motion, stories, guided activities and more with Discovery Center staff!
Monday, Oct. 25 | 9:00 am
It’s the spookiest time of the year at the Discovery Center! Come release your inner monster with Halloween themed science experiments and art activities. Come move, play, and create with us!
Even Superheroes Have Bad Days
Monday, Nov. 8 | 9:00 am
Saving the day isn’t always easy, even for superheroes. Suit up as we read Even Superheroes Have Bad Days by Shelly Becker and discover the choices superheroes can make when they’re having a bad day. Come move, play, and create with us!
Monday, Nov. 22 | 9:00 am
Come learn about camouflage as we help a turkey avoid becoming the main course for the farmers’ family feast. Follow along while he runs from hiding place to hiding place as we read Run, Turkey, Run! by Diane Mayr. Come move, play, and create with us!
Monday, Dec. 6 | 9:00 am
Bundle up for our final lesson of the fall as we learn how snow is formed and investigate why it is so unique. Don’t forget to duck and cover from any flying snowballs as we read Snowball Fight by Jimmy Fallon! Come move, play, and create with us!
Details & Cost
- Check-in & free play between 8:30 – 8:50 am
- Class runs from 9:00 – 10:30 am
- $4 per child ages 1+, Free for adults
- Included for free with SPARK! Card benefits
- Registering online in advance is strongly encouraged, as spaces are limited.
Arrival & Logistics
- Check-in at the front desk between 8:30-8:55 am.
- Play and explore the first floor of the museum before class begins, between 8:30-9:00 am.
- Please arrive no later than 9:00 am, as our front doors will be locked for the duration of the program.
- The museum will be closed following the conclusion of the program at 10:30 am.
- Requirements for entering the building: Masks for ages 4+ are required.
- Register in advance to secure your spot and save time. Walk-ups are accepted first-come, first-served as capacity allows.