STEAM Play Achieves Real Knowledge
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math)
Join us for outdoor SPARK! at Discovery Center this fall
Discovery Center’s SPARK! program is for children ages 1-6 and their caregivers, and is held exclusively outdoors. Using the Discovery Center’s outdoor Wisteria Classroom, children and their caregivers can enjoy socially distanced hands-on exploratory STEAM learning and play. Enjoy light refreshments, music and motion, yoga stretches, and guided activities with Discovery Center staff!
Select Wednesdays from 9 to 10:15 a.m.:
Oct. 7 – Wandering in the Wetlands
Oct. 14 – Fall into STEAM (part of the Tennessee STEAM Festival)
Oct. 21 – Space Explorers
Oct. 28 – Spiders, Pumpkins, and Scarecrows, Oh My!
Nov. 11 – All About Weather
- $4 per each child ages 1+
- Free for adults
- Included for free with SPARK! Card benefits
- Registering online in advance is strongly encouraged, as spaces are limited.
Arrival & Logistics
- Look for Discovery Center staff and signage to direct you to the patio for check-in and admission.
- Check-in between 8:30-8:55am on the patio. Register in advance to secure your spot and save time. Walk-ups are accepted first come, first served as capacity allows.
- Individual pre-packaged refreshments and outdoor toys will be provided to enjoy on the patio during check-in.
- At 9:00am, SPARK! facilitators will lead the class to the outdoor Wisteria Classroom.
- Discovery Center bathrooms will be available for use, if needed. Requirements for entering the building: Masks for ages 4+ and forehead temperature screenings for all ages.
- We ask that all guardians assist in safety and physical distancing of their group during the program.
When the SPARK! program concludes, guests have the opportunity to visit the museum when it opens at 9:30am, or can continue outdoor exploration in the Murfree Spring Wetlands. Museum admission can be added to the SPARK! class ticket upon arrival or by registering in advance.
Rain & Inclement Weather
In the event of light rain or a chance of rain, SPARK! will continue as planned, outdoors under our covered patio area.
In the event of inclement weather, SPARK! will be held the following day, Thursday at 9:00am. We will do our best to communicate any rescheduling ahead of time, following local weather radar predictions. Check our Facebook page the morning of, where we’ll post any changes to the class, or register in advance and we will email you with any changes.
Register now to reserve your spot, and to provide your email address for communicating any plans to reschedule.