Secret Garden Weekend is one of the highlights of the summer social season in Middle Tennessee. The series of events—which allows participants to get sneak peeks at beautiful gardens hidden in backyards or behind walls or fences in and around Murfreesboro—also serves as a major fundraiser for the Discovery Center.
From the backyards of amateur gardeners to professional landscaping projects, the tour features the horticultural talents of local residents.
Secret Garden Party
Friday, June 7 | 7 p.m.
Home of Kimberly & Roger Hopkins
702 East Main Street, Murfreesboro
At this year’s much-anticipated Secret Garden Party, guests will be transported to the enchantment of a Charleston night as they step inside the cloistered garden of Kimberly and Roger Hopkins’ beautiful Main Street home.
Classic low country cuisine will be served while the rhythmic strains of jazz music drift among the flowers and mingle with the tinkling of cocktail glasses. The new Mercantile Loft, a reimagined corner store from the 1920s that is part of the Hopkins’ downtown revitalization efforts, will also be open for tours.
Cocktails (Iris & above sponsors) | 6 p.m.
Chairs: Julie King and Kelly Goodman
Food by Five Senses
Event will include a silent auction
Tickets Available at the Door.
Secret Garden Tours
Saturday, June 8 | 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, June 9 | 1 to 4 p.m.
Tickets Available at any garden or Discovery Center the day of the tour.
Herb and Janine Mclaughlin, 705 N Church Street, Murfreesboro
Reggie and Janice Reeves, 2204 Alydar Run, Murfreesboro
Larry and Janet Rogers, 3940 Rowland Rd, Murfreesboro
Joy and Sam Rorex, 709 N Church Street, Murfreesboro
Richard and Kathryn Spry, 2414 Spaulding Circle, Murfreesboro
Secret Garden Party sponsorships are a great way to make a positive impact on the community, mix and mingle with Murfreesboro’s finest, and showcase your business or family. For more information or to become a sponsor, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proceeds benefit the Discovery Center.
How the event benefits the Discovery Center
Thanks to our 2018 sponsors, Discovery Center was able to provide the following to our community:
- 1,359 field trip scholarships to over 15 school districts in Middle Tennessee
- 95 memberships for economically disadvantaged families and community partners supporting underserved communities
- 5 All Access Nights for 500 children with special needs and their families
- 16 weeks of STEAM Bus visits for 389 students at LaVergne Lake and Roy Waldron elementary schools
- 20 Explorer’s Club after-school STEM workshops for over 30 kids from the Boys & Girls Club of Rutherford County
- 8 weeks of LEAP into SPARK! programming for 100 local Head Start students