Secret Garden Weekend is one of the highlights of the summer social season in Middle Tennessee. The series of events—which allows participants to get sneak peeks at beautiful gardens hidden in backyards or behind walls or fences in and around Murfreesboro—also serves as a major fundraiser for the Discovery Center.
From the backyards of amateur gardeners to professional landscaping projects, the tour features the horticultural talents of local residents.
In light of these uncertain times, we have made the tough decision to cancel our 28th Annual Secret Garden Party. Instead, we plan to host a virtual Secret Garden Party at Home on Friday, June 5, from 7 to 8 p.m. Please stay tuned for more details. In the meantime, we invite you to consider buying an event ticket or becoming a sponsor. 100% of your gift will be used to support your regional children’s museum. Never has your gift been more important than now – thank you!
Friday, June 5 | 7 p.m.
Chairs: Julie King and Kelly Goodman
Secret Garden Party sponsorships are a great way to make a positive impact on the community, mix and mingle with Murfreesboro’s finest, and showcase your business or family. Click here for more information or to become a sponsor.
Proceeds benefit the Discovery Center.
How the event benefits the Discovery Center
Thanks to our 2019 sponsors, Discovery Center was able to provide the following to our community:
- 1,359 field trip scholarships to over 15 school districts in Middle Tennessee
- 95 memberships for economically disadvantaged families and community partners supporting underserved communities
- 5 All Access Nights for 500 children with special needs and their families
- 16 weeks of STEAM Bus visits for 389 students at LaVergne Lake and Roy Waldron elementary schools
- 20 Explorer’s Club after-school STEM workshops for over 30 kids from the Boys & Girls Club of Rutherford County
- 8 weeks of LEAP into SPARK! programming for 100 local Head Start students