We’re excited to offer special programs just for homeschool and distance learning students to connect, have fun, and learn together!
Learning Pod Field Trip Thursdays – 2021 Dates Coming Soon!
Looking to join other homeschool and distance learning students for a field trip? Reserve your spot today and join our DC Learning Pod!
- Select Thursday afternoons at Discovery Center (with some exceptions)
- Field trips rotate weekly, including outdoor-only and indoor options
- Limited capacities, social distancing, and COVID safety precautions in place
- Special adult chaperone discount available
Inclement Weather Plan
In the event of any inclement weather during scheduled outdoor field trips, we will reschedule your field trip to take place the following day.
- Rescheduled trips will take place Fridays, at the same start time.
- If weather remains problematic on Friday, your trip will be rescheduled with the same start time for the following Tuesday.
- We will make every effort to reschedule in advance, following weather radar predictions. We will email you directly to confirm any rescheduled field trips due to weather.
Pricing & Waitlist
Adult caregivers are invited to accompany students on the field trip by registering as a chaperone-only, or by registering as a student and joining the fun!
Caregivers and children not participating in the field trip
- Regular museum admission rates apply during your visit to Discovery Center
- Staff will let caregivers know what time to return and pick-up your student(s)
For pricing, please click on the registration links above for each Learning Pod Field Trip.
Is your desired field trip full? CLICK HERE to join our Waitlist»
We’ll notify you of any openings, and announce any newly added field trip dates.
Due to limited capacities and distancing requirements, Discovery Center reserves the right to limit the number of chaperones sitting within field trip learning spaces.
Playdates at Discovery Center
Reserve the Discovery Center for your small group playdate, and have the museum all to yourselves for two hours! It’s a great way to enjoy all the Discovery Center’s exhibits while keeping group size to a minimum. MORE INFO»
Events & Enrichment at Discovery Center
We’re continuing to add robust opportunities for students and families this fall. Check out the links below to learn more and get plugged in!