Whether your family is looking for a half-day program, Mother’s Day Out, or trying to balance homeschool, distance learning, and home offices – Discovery Center’s Wonderlings pre-K & kinder care is here to help with 3.5 hours of care and enrichment outside of the home Tuesday-Friday mornings.
- Weekly early care program for ages 4-5 who are currently in Kindergarten or entering Kindergarten by fall of 2021
- 8 – 11:30 a.m. Tuesday – Friday
- Closed during school holiday weeks. Click here to register for our full-day holiday camps instead, offered Nov. 23-25 & 27, Dec. 21-23, Dec. 28-30, and Jan. 1.
A Day in the Life of a Wonderling
- Ease into each day with Circle Time: Stretch with yoga and review what the Wonderlings will be doing each day, using stories and songs to update the calendar while identifying the date, day of the week, special holidays, seasons, and daily weather.
- Enjoy exclusive time for exploration of Museum Exhibits every morning, while the museum is closed to the public.
- Daily hands-on activities of Science, Art, and Making
- Refuel with a quick break and snack time (snack provided).
- Daily Outdoor Exploration (weather permitting) or Free Choice Play, Games, & Music
- Wrap up each day with Circle Time: Learn to reflect and share by celebrating learning, trying new things, and building friendships.
Why Choose Wonderlings?
- At Discovery Center, we believe early learners are more than kiddos, tots, or little ones – they are individuals who are curious by nature, ready to explore, hungry for learning, creative, capable, and experts in play and imagination. They are Wonderlings!
- Discovery Center is more than a museum – we’ve created a place just for Wonderlings, with intentional programming for education, fun, and socialization. We meet Wonderlings where they are by affirming, inspiring, and challenging them to unleash their wonders, talents, and self-expression.
- Wonderlings don’t just go to daycare – they have a community and a place to belong, explore, and grow.
Health & Safety
- 1:6 ratio; travel in cohort of up to six Wonderlings and one staff member
- Our staff nurture and support Wonderlings to help normalize frequent handwashing and wearing masks at all times while indoors.
- Staff ensure all supplies, toys, and surfaces are disinfected between each use.
- Temperatures are taken before entry each day.
- Drop-off and pick-up take place curbside, with staff support.
- $20 per day; advance registration required
- Light snack provided; pack own alternative or additional snack if needed.
- Closed during school holiday weeks. Full-day camps offered instead, CLICK HERE to learn more.
If the program you would like is full, you may register on our waitlist. If a spot becomes available, we will contact you. WAITLIST REGISTRATION»
Co-working at Discovery Center for Adults
For unplugged kids & plugged-in adults!
Have you enrolled your kids in a program at Discovery Center and need space to get some of your own work done? We’ve got a solution for that!
- Enjoy free* access to uninterrupted, adult-only indoor workspace with WiFi access while your child is attending a qualifying Discovery Center program. You may also choose to work outdoors, using reserved patio tables.
- List of qualifying programs at Discovery Center:
- Wonderlings Pre-K & Kinder Care
- Discovernauts K-5 After School
- Learning Pod Field Trips
* Please note that an $8 fee applies for 4 or more hours of workspace use in a day.