ENGAGE CURIOUS MINDS!
As a privately funded non-profit institution, Discovery Center relies on the support and generosity of people like you to provide hands-on learning experiences for Middle Tennessee families. Our funding comes 58% through admissions and special program revenue and needs 42% to come through charitable donations. Your gift today lights a spark for life-long learning – for a family struggling financially, for teachers looking for learning opportunities for their students, or for a child who needs the sensory friendly exhibits and programs developed by Discovery Center each and every year.
Please consider joining our efforts by making a tax deductible gift today and bring the power of play to every member in our community.
SUPPORTING US THROUGH THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
As we contend with an extended closure, we want to express our deep appreciation for the many members and supporters who have made it possible for us to continue limited operations. Your support is vital to our mission. It funds continued care for the exhibits and animals that call the Discovery Center home.
For those who are able, we ask that you consider these additional ways to support Discovery Center during this challenging time:
- Make a donation to support the museum while we are closed. (Click the “DONATE NOW” button above.)
- If you’re already shopping on Amazon or at your local Kroger, Target, Publix and more, these companies will give back to the museum at no cost to you.
- Amazon: Shop using this link smile.amazon.com.
- Kroger: Register your Kroger plus card at kroger.com/communityrewards. Our account number is PU532 and this registration must be renewed annually.
- If you shop at Target or Publix the Planet Fundraiser app allows you to donate 2-3% of your total to the Discovery Center simply by taking a picture of your receipt. Download the app today and allow Target and Publix to give the donation on what you buy!
Ways to Give:
- Give online now: DONATE NOW
- Write a check payable to “Discovery Center” and mail to: 502 SE Broad St, Murfreesboro, TN 37130
- Contact Lindsey Fournier, VP of Philanthropy at (615) 890-2300 ext. 221
- Give a gift of stock or securities (see below for more info)
- Make a Planned Give or Bequest to the museum (see below for more info)
Print our donation form and mail in your tax-deductible donation.
Discovery Center’s Employer Identification Number (EIN) is 62-1273308.
Your gift could be worth even more if your company participates in a matching gifts program. Please check with your human resources office to see if your company participates in this program.
Other ways to support Discovery Center:
Give the gifts of time and talent. Learn more about how you can get involved in delivering the mission of Discovery Center.
Click here for more information on Volunteering.
The Youth Council is a research and advisory board composed of students dedicated to the improvement and development of Discovery Center with innovative ideas geared towards the exploration and education of all age groups with a fun, entertaining, hands-on experience for the betterment of the community.
Click here for more information on Youth Council
You can support Discovery Center and have fun doing it at one of our annual special events!
Adopt an Animal
Shake up your family tree and adopt a Discovery Center animal! Your donation will support animal care and facilities, and helps provide a variety of educational programs for children.
Adopt an Animal: $25
Includes certificate of adoption, animal facts sheet, and a 5×7 photo of your animal.
Corporate sponsorship plays an important role in the Discovery Center’s mission to create a museum where play and learning come together. From exhibits to outreach programs, generous donations help to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of children and families in Middle Tennessee.
Examples of available benefits (depending on level of giving) include:
• Recognition on our web site.
• Recognition a monthly e-newsletter sent to 15,000+ families.
• Recognition in press releases sent out to local and regional media.
• Recognition in our Annual Report.
• Free Museum passes, membership discounts and volunteer opportunities for the employees of your corporation.
• Employee Appreciation day for your employees
We offer sponsorship packages at a range of levels. Packages are customized to benefit your company.
If your company is interested in sponsorship opportunities, please contact the Development Office at (615) 890-2300 ext 236.
In-kind donations offer another opportunity for individuals and businesses to make contributions of products or services that support the Discovery Center. We often need art supplies, office paper, kitten chow, gas cards, Wal-mart cards, and printing services. Donations can be dropped off at the front desk or mailed to:
502 SE Broad Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
We also gladly accept donations of time and effort in the form of volunteering.
You can make a difference to the future of the Discovery Center by planning now. Gift planning uses tax laws to enable you to pursue your philanthropic goals while minimizing your cost of giving and maximizing the benefits to yourself and your family. One of the simplest ways to support the Discovery Center is through a bequest provision in your will. Bequests can be specific or residual. Other options to consider include charitable remainder trusts and charitable lead trusts as well as gifts of property or insurance.
The Discovery Center strongly urges donors considering a planned gift to consult their personal advisors about tax implications. For more information, contact Lindsey Fournier, VP of Philanthropy at (615) 890-2300 ext. 221.
GIFTS OF STOCK
It’s simple to give a gift of stock and a great way to use your assets to benefit the Discovery Center. There are several ways to transfer stocks and securities to the museum.
For more information about making a planned gift or gift of stock, contact Lindsey Fournier, VP of Philanthropy at (615) 890-2300 ext. 221.