Opens Saturday, Sept. 23!
INVENT, DESIGN and TINKER at the Discovery Center’s Makerspace, back by popular demand! The exhibit allows guests of all ages to get creative with hands-on activities and challenges.
Enjoy the giant kaleidoscope where visitors can create their own colorful designs, and sewing machines for designing with fabric and other materials. In addition, the mini-maker area has been expanded to include a caterpillar table with activities specifically for the youngest tinkerers.
Special opening day activities, Saturday, Sept. 23, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.:
- Discover what it takes to make a sailboat sail through the ocean. Design your own sailboat and test it out in the testing center.
- Tinker with electricity as you explore how circuits work with our circuit blocks.
- Make an air-powered rocket and design the perfect launching system to test it on.
- Be the first to explore the newest addition to Makerspace, Imagination Playground big blue blocks!
Makerspace will also feature special hands-on activities throughout the run of the exhibit, including:
- Create a folded paper “thingamajig” and test its flyability at the wind table
- Be a pinball wizard as you construct a pathway for your ball to score points
- Create a work of art and see how it looks through the giant kaleidoscope
- Build a marble coaster and watch the effects of gravity and motion
The Makerspace exhibit is included with general admission and free for members.