Ven al Discovery Center este Sábado para el Día de la Herencia Hispana! Don’t worry if your Spanish skills are a little rusty, we’d love to see you at Hispanic Heritage Day this Saturday from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. This annual event is one of our favorites and we’ve got several new activities this year.
- In Creation Station we’ll be making papel picados and Frida Kahlo inspired clay pendants.
- At 12:00 and 12:30 we’ll have dance performances by the Hispanic Family Foundation Folkloric Group.
- In both the morning and afternoon, you can join us for a bilingual puppet show and a bilingual story time activity.
- Ms. Emmie will also be leading guided walks through the Wetlands and talking about the groundbreaking work of Botanist Ynes Mexia.
- We’ll also have rocket demonstrations on the patio inspired by the work of astronaut Franklin Chang-Diaz.
Hispanic Heritage Day is a free event for the community thanks to ongoing support from the Nissan Foundation. We can’t wait to see you tomorrow–be sure to bring a friend!