Sept. 21, 2019 – Jan. 12, 2020
Bring your little easy riders to the Discovery Center’s newest featured exhibit, Hands-On Harley-Davidson™! Against the backdrop of a replica motorcycle dealership, families will have fun exploring STEM in action – and children will get a chance to hit the (simulated) open road themselves!
In the Engineering Lab, a set of eight unique activities will introduce children to science and engineering concepts through creative, hands-on experiments.
- Send golf balls through multiple test runs of jump tracks, loop tracks, roller coaster tracks, and more. Motion-tracking software will allow children to explore how different release heights and positions will impact the ball’s speed, distance, and trajectory.
- Visitors can design their own freestyle ramps, tracks, and jumps to see first-hand how different factors like friction and gravity affect a golf ball’s motion.
In a replica dealership, children will get a first-hand look at what goes into the ultimate riding experience.
- They’ll be able to customize their dream bike with decals, license plates, and more, and check-out their purchases at the cash register.
- A kid-sized motorcycle inspired by a real Harley-Davidson® Road King® and a selection of interactive videos that explore the best rides across the globe will let children feel the power of the engine and the wind in their face.
- In the service department, visitors will peak in on real motorcycle mechanics hard at work, building and repairing bikes.
National tour sponsored by
Locally sponsored by
Hands-On Harley-Davidson was created by the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum in collaboration with Harley-Davidson Motor Company. Hands-On Harley-Davidson and Harley-Davidson are trademarks of H-D and are used with permission. © 2019 H-D. All rights reserved.