Tomorrow is our annual Discover India Day and we are so excited it is finally here! Join us for a day of laughter and learning as we explore ancient and modern-day India through hands-on art and activities. We’ve got a great lineup of project and programs from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm and admission is free! Here’s what you can expect to do at Discover India Day:
- Watch a traditional dance performance at 10:00 am by Monica Cooley and the dancers from Kala Nivedanam studio
- Attend a meditation session. We’ll have several going on throughout the day and you can pick up some literature between classes.
- Go on a Gandhi Walk through the Murfree Spring Wetlands to learn about Mahatma Gandhi and his work as an Indian activist.
- Take a family photo in front of the Taj Mahal at our photo booth (this is an annual favorite!)
- Become a work of art by visiting the mehndi booth for a henna design on your hand.
- Visit Creation Station to: make a ghungroo (traditional bell anklet), create a paper lotus flower, contribute to our collaborative rangoli design, and learn about the father of Indian aviation at the wind table.
- Bust a move with Wii Bollywood dancing in the afternoon.
- Brush up on your general India facts by working your way through the scavenger hunt.
- And finally…take advantage of the last few weeks of our Rainforest Adventure exhibit!
Discover India Day is a free day open to all members of the community. It is made possible by support from The Nissan Foundation.