Although it wasn’t the warm, spring day we hoped for, we had a blast working with 40 folks from Comcast last Monday as part of Comcast Cares Week! Our original plans were to have Comcast staff help with our Wetland Wonders field study by assisting students as they caught tadpoles in the lily pad pond, splashed through the spring, and searched for flora and fauna in a walk through the wetlands.
With snow in the air and temperatures hovering around 40 degrees, we transitioned our outdoor field studies into indoor programs and put our volunteers to work! Here’s some of what our Comcast crew completed for the day:
- Prepared and sent monthly membership renewal mailings
- Prepared and sorted Arts in April flyers for delivery to Rutherford County Schools
- Assisted with SPARK! Preschool program, Animals All Around field study, and Splash Flash field study.
- Prepared six raised garden beds for spring plantings.
- Cleaned patio and front walkways, windows, restrooms, and exhibits.
- Led hands-on demonstrations about electricity for museum and school group guests.
To everyone at Comcast that helped make the day a success–THANK YOU!