We hope you’ll join us for the 29th Annual Secret Garden Party on Friday, June 4th at the beautiful historic downtown home of Mr. and Mrs. Ken Stone. Guests will be wined and dined all while supporting the mission of our local children’s museum to “Engage curious minds to fuel the future”. This event is always the most elegant summer soiree in our community and we invite you to join us for Discovery Center’s biggest fundraiser of the year. After a year of virtual events and challenging times, we have never been more excited to be in-person! Please join us and consider a gift of sponsorship. Never has your gift been more important to our future growth.
Secret Garden Weekend is one of the highlights of the summer social season in Middle Tennessee. The series of events—which allows participants to get sneak peeks at beautiful gardens hidden in backyards or behind walls or fences in and around Murfreesboro—also serves as a major fundraiser for the Discovery Center. From the backyards of amateur gardeners to professional landscaping projects, the tour features the horticultural talents of local residents.
Secret Garden Tea
May 8 | 9 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.
$15 per person, $10 per person for members
Spring is the season of blossoming flowers, tender unfurling tree leaves, and celebrations like Mother’s Day and graduation. It’s a time of renewal and new life, and what better way to herald its arrival than joining the Discovery Center for a Secret Garden Tea Party. This new event is a family-friendly extension of the organization’s signature fundraising event, the Secret Garden Party, which takes place in June.
Guests of the Secret Garden Tea Party will enjoy boxed tea-time treats, craft stations, beautiful photo opportunities, and more. This outdoor event will be nestled among the wetlands of Murfree Spring on the grounds of the Discovery Center on Saturday, May 8. Two seating times are available at 9 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Tickets must be purchased in advance and are $10 for Discovery Center members and $15 for non-members.
The tea party will take place on Mother’s Day weekend, making it a wonderful way to celebrate the special ladies in your life. So put on your spring-time best and join the Discovery Center for this beautiful celebration!
Secret Garden Party
Friday, June 4 | 7 p.m.
At the home of Judy & Ken Stone
Chairs: Kelly Goodman and Maegan Snyder
Join us for an elegant evening under the stars on June 4th while supporting Discovery Center…
After a year of virtual and “no-show” events, we’re so excited to see the summer’s most anticipated soiree bloom back to life and in person at the 29th Annual Secret Garden Party on Friday, June 4th at the beautiful East Main Street home of Judy and Ken Stone.
Secret Garden Party sponsorships are a great way to make a positive impact on the community, mix and mingle with Murfreesboro’s finest, and showcase your business or family.
How the event benefits the Discovery Center
Thanks to our 2020 sponsors, Discovery Center was able to provide new initiatives to our community during COVID-19 including:
- SPARK! Outdoors – Using the Discovery Center’s outdoor Wisteria Classroom, children and their caregivers can enjoy socially distanced hands-on exploratory STEAM learning and play.
- Co-Working at Discovery Center for Adults – Discovery Center provides an internet café for uninterrupted, adult-only indoor workspace with WiFi access. Parents can access the café while their child is attending a qualifying Discovery Center program.
- Outdoor Great Pumpkin Festival – A safe, family Halloween event planned and facilitated outdoors with social distancing.
- Learning Pod Field Trip Thursdays – Weekly programs just for homeschool and distance learning students to connect, have fun, and learn together.
- Adapted Cultural Free Days – Due to capacity limitations related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering multiple time slots for visitors to choose from for our annual free cultural community days.
- Tennessee STEAM Festival – The 4th annual Tennessee STEAM Festival was presented with a new focus on virtual & outdoor events across the state.
- Virtual Field Trips – With the support of a video production contractor, the education team has been developing virtual field trips via a Vimeo platform. The prototype of the virtual field trip was tested this past November.