Friday, May 2 | 7:00 – 10:00 pm | Discovery Center
To brew or not to brew, that is the question. After all; the empty vessel makes the loudest sound. Can one desire too much of a good thing? Of course not, and as good luck would have it, there are friends, Romans, countrymen who have lent us their beers! Proceeds benefit the Discovery Center.
Ticket includes one (1) commemorative glass, tastings from all beverage vendors, and performances by Murfreesboro Little Theatre. Designated Driver Ticket includes entrance to event and performances only. There will be food for purchase from food trucks at the event.
Are you a brewer interested in participating? Fill out our Brewer Registration Form below.
If the form below does not load, please click here.
Hart Family Brewers
English Pale Ale No 1. – Tawny beer brewed in a natural and traditional way using English malted barley and wheat, English Challenger and East Kent Goldings hops
Electric Avenue Brewing Company
Totes McGoats – Full bodies ale with silky smooth mouth feel and flavor that balances the roasted dark malts and a generous supply of oats.
ESB – A classic English ale with good balance between malty sweetness and hop bitterness.
More details to come!
- Shakesbeer is a rain or shine event.
- This is a 21 & up event. NO ONE under the age of 21 will be admitted. This includes children, toddlers and infants.
- A valid photo ID will be required for entry.
- No weapons of any kind.
- No illegal substances.
- Smoking is only permitted in designated areas which will be noted on the event map.
- No bags, backpacks or coolers.
- No outside food or beverages.
- Do not attempt to leave Discovery Center with a beverage.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to remove any individual(s) from Shakesbeer for behaving inappropriately. Be nice and keep your hands to yourself.
- Promotional photos and videos may be taken during the event. By attending this event, you grant permission for your likeness to be used.
- Overflow parking with shuttle service available at the City Parking Lot on Church Street across from the WGNS building.
- Attendees are encouraged to arrange safe rides to and from Shakesbeer. Local cab companies may allow reservations in advance. Taxi and transportation information will also be available at the event.
Boro Cab - (615) 796-9008
Yellow Taxi – (615) 893-8000
Ace Cab Company – (615) 893-0795
Frequently Asked Questions:
When & where is Shakesbeer?
Shakesbeer is held Friday, May 2, 2014 from 7 pm – 10 pm at Discovery Center, located at 502 SE Broad Street, Murfreesboro.
Where can I park for Shakesbeer?
Parking is available in our main parking lot at the corner of Maney Ave and Broad Street as well as in our back parking lot just south of our entrance. Overflow parking with shuttle service available at the City Parking Lot on Church Street across from the WGNS building.
How much does Shakesbeer cost?
Tickets for Shakesbeer are $30 in advance. A designated driver ticket is also available for $10. Tickets go on sale on March 14, 2014 at explorethedc.org/shakesbeer. On the night of the event, Friday, May 2, tickets are $35 if still available.
What does the ticket include?
Ticket includes one (1) commemorative glass, tastings from all vendors, and performances from Murfreesboro Little Theatre.
Will there be food available?
Food will be available for purchase separately from local food vendors.
What is the age restriction for Shakesbeer?
You must be 21 or older to attend Shakesbeer. Please don’t bother to buy a ticket if you are not 21. There will be no refunds to individuals who purchase tickets that are not 21 years of age. There are no exceptions, and all guests’ picture IDs will be checked at the entrance.
Are children allowed?
Sorry, no children are allowed at Shakesbeer.This includes toddlers and infants.
What about rain and bad weather?
The show must go on. We will move as much of Shakesbeer indoors as possible. There are no refunds on tickets.
Is smoking allowed?
Convenient smoking areas will be designated. Please be considerate of smoke-sensitive persons.
Will tickets be available at the door? Do you accept credit cards or checks?
Limited tickets will be available at the door. Discovery Center accepts cash and credit card.