Discovery Center is located at:
502 SE Broad Street, Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Phone: (615) 890-2300
Exit at 81B S Church St/US-231 N. After 2.4 miles, turn right on SE Broad Street. Turn right at the next light (Maney Ave) into our parking lot.
Take I-65 to 840. Follow 840 East to I-24. Take I-24 east towards Murfreesboro. Exit at 81B S Church St/US-231 N. After 2.4 miles, turn right on SE Broad Street. Turn right at the next light (Maney Ave) into our parking lot.
Get directions from Google Maps.
Monday thru Saturday 10 am – 5 pm
Sunday 1 pm – 5 pm
The Discovery Center is closed major holidays.
Please check our calendar for special events and programs that may affect operating hours.
Adults & Children: $6.00
Children under two are FREE!
Members receive free admission (Want to become a member?)
The Discovery Center accepts Cash, American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and checks.
EXHIBITS & PROGRAMS
Please join our email list for exhibit and program updates!
PARTIES & CELEBRATIONS
Looking for something different to do for your birthday party, company party, or group meeting? Then consider the Discovery Center! An affordable option at a convenient location, you and your guests will have a memorable time in our colorful, light-hearted atmosphere. Visit our Party page.
GREAT DISCOVERIES MUSEUM SHOP
Our Great Discoveries store is a one-stop shop for unique educational toys that extend the Discovery Center experience. Plus, one-of-a-kind gadgets for kids (and grownups) of all ages! We carry a variety of merchandise, in addition to exhibit-related games, books, and toys you won’t find anywhere else. To reach Great Discoveries, please call (615) 890-2300 ext 232. The Gift Shop does not accept American Express.
An array of snacks and drinks are also available in the Great Discoveries Museum Shop
The entire museum is wheelchair accessible. Handicap parking is available in the parking lot. Wheelchair-users can enter the Center via the front entrance. Elevators serve both museum floors. All bathrooms are wheelchair accessible. Service animals are always welcome. All of the Center’s exhibits are hands-on and incorporate visual, tactile, and/or auditory components.
TIPS FOR YOUR VISIT
• If you prefer to visit the Discovery Center when it’s less crowded, we suggest afternoon visits. You may also call before your visit to inquire about a specific day, and we can provide general information about our activities and school visit bookings.
• Discovery Center has outdoor picnic areas to enjoy your lunch or snack. The Little Room may also be used if available. The Little Room is not available during the summer due to Discovery Center Camps. There are many restaurants nearby. Our staff can direct you to family and kid friendly eateries.
• Unfortunately, Discovery Center does not have lockers or areas to store personal belongings. Please plan accordingly.
• The Discovery Center has a Family bathroom for our visitors’ convenience, in addition to Men’s and Women’s bathrooms as well as a nursing mother’s station.
• Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Our staff and discovery guides are happy to help. We want to make each visit to the Discovery Center an enjoyable one. So speak up and ask away!